My friend Alexis Johnson recently launched a great new website called Beauty Bender, which highlights the best new trends (for example, bobs are back) and products (lots of nail polish talk) in the world of beauty. They also have a fun weekly feature, called “Beauty Formula,” where the interview someone about their beauty routine. In the case of last week’s installment, that someone was me. Here’s a snippet from Beauty Bender…
1. Morning (skincare/makeup) routine: My morning routine is simple – facewash and moisturizer by my fabulous facialist Nerida Joy. I don’t use much makeup – a curl of my lashes with my Shu Uemura eyelash curler, some lipstick and a spritz of perfume gets me out the door.
2. Overnight skin ritual: Nerida Joy facewash, nightly repair gel and eye cream. Nerida is my skin guru.
3. Who cuts/colors your hair: My friend Beatrice Valenzuela cuts my hair. My color is natural.
4. Hair habit: Every day I intend to keep it loose but it always winds up parted in the middle in a low bun.
5. Favorite eye look: Naked with curled lashes and a bit of natural highlighter by Carmindy for Sally Hansen under the brow. If I’m dressing up, I might consider some black eyeliner, also by Carmindy. I’m also obsessed with this lavender shimmery eye shadow by Nars called Night Fairy…..continue reading HERE.
(wedding day primping photo by Nancy Neil)